Montgomery Township

Montgomery Township is a township in southern Somerset County, New Jersey. There are 8,143 properties within this township and 41% are living with a Septic System while the remaining 59% are on Sewer. New Jersey Septic Management Group is available to assist realtors, the health department, and all residences by providing education about septic systems in Montgomery. Through zoom seminars and workshops, our team of experts has been providing valuable information and services to the residents of Montgomery Township. As a full-service septic company, we are qualified to assist in a variety of different septic services.

Montgomery Township Demographics


montgomery environmental

The "Montgomery Township Environmental Commission" is a good resource within the community that recognizes events that protect the environment and lead to a more sustainable way of living. The Montgomery Township Environmental Commission hosted its first annual Earth Day Fair in 2006. The Environmental Commission/Sustainable Montgomery team look forward each year to celebrating Earth Day with our residents and friends. The Fair was first held at Otto Kaufman Community Center, then at Montgomery High School, and then, as it grew each year, at Skillman Park, where it has followed the Run with Rotary for several years. There have been many great free recycling opportunities as well as entertainment and educational tables at Montgomery’s Earth Day Fair over the years and we are not done yet!


Interested residents, non-profits, local businesses, township committee/board members – you are invited to participate in the fair!

Here are some ways:

  • We are seeking individuals or groups to collect specific materials for recycling. Bring your ideas or find out about ours!
  • We are seeking exhibitors of educational information of environmental interest.
  • We are seeking volunteers, in general, to help with organizing on the day of the event. No training is required!

Please contact Environmental Commission member Frank Derby at to express your interest and find out more.

Here are 10 more things you can do to protect the Environment:

  1. Take your own reusable canvas bags to the store.
  2. Lower your thermostat one degree (or more) in winter.
  3. Take shorter showers.
  4. Compost your organic waste.
  5. Drive your car less: walk, bike, carpool, use mass transit.
  6. Keep your car tires properly inflated.
  7. Eat locally produced food. Eat less meat.
  8. Shop right in town, instead of traveling a long way to the mall.
  9. Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms.
  10. Drink tap water instead of bottled water.


Elementary Schools

  • Orchard Hill Elementary School
  • Village Elementary School

Middle School

  • Montgomery Lower Middle School
  • Montgomery Upper Middle School

High School

  • Montgomery High School

Montgomery Resource Staff

Mayor - Devra Keenan

Health Officer - Devangi Patel, MPH, MCHES, HO

Senior Environmental Health Specialist - Kristen Sargent

Environmental Health Specialist - Evan Stampoulos

Our Mission