Hillsborough Township

Hillsborough is a Township in Somerset County, New Jersey. There are 15,349 properties within this township, and 15.75% are living with a Septic System while the remaining 84.25% is on Sewer. New Jersey Septic Management Group is available to assist realtors, the health department, and all residences by providing education about septic systems in Hillsborough. Through zoom seminars and workshops, our team of experts has been providing valuable information and services to the residents of Hillsborough.  As a full-service septic company, we are qualified to assist in a variety of different septic services.

Hillsborough Township Demographics


hillsborough clean communities

The Township of Hillsborough’s Public Works Department operates and maintains the infrastructure of the Township’s two hundred and fifty plus miles of roadway, maintains all municipal grounds and buildings and Township Open Space. The Department works closely with the Police Department in monitoring road and safety conditions in the Township, and responds to emergencies as needed.

Public Works also oversees the Annual Spring Clean Up, operates and staffs the Township reclamation / disposal center and the fall leaf collection. The Public Works Garage maintains / repairs all Township owned vehicles and equipment.

The annual Township Memorial Day Parade and Fourth of July celebration are among the many community oriented affairs the Department takes part in.

Here are 10 more things you can do to protect the Environment:

  1. Take your own reusable canvas bags to the store.
  2. Lower your thermostat one degree (or more) in winter.
  3. Take shorter showers.
  4. Compost your organic waste.
  5. Drive your car less: walk, bike, carpool, use mass transit.
  6. Keep your car tires properly inflated.
  7. Eat locally produced food. Eat less meat.
  8. Shop right in town, instead of traveling a long way to the mall.
  9. Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms.
  10. Drink tap water instead of bottled water.


Elementary Schools

  • Woodfern Elementary School
  • Woods Road Elementary School
  • Amsterdam School
  • Sunnymead Elementary School
  • Auten Road School
  • Hillsborough Elementary School
  • Triangle Elementary School

Middle School

  • Hillsborough Middle School

High School

  • Hillsborough High School

Hillsborough Resource Staff

Mayor - Shawn Lipani

Health Officer - Siobhan Spano



Our Mission